Monday, August 25, 2008

New update

Lets see...when I last wrote we were getting ready to go on vacation. Well, we went, and we had a blast! Monday we went to Downtown Disney, Tuesday we went to Disneyland (Yes, the day of the earthquake, go figure) Wednesday we went shopping at the Citadel, Thursday we went to the beach, Friday we slept in, went to lunch and just relaxed, and Saturday we went to Sea World. We were very tired at the end of the week, but we had so much fun. Makayla loved Disneyland, the beach and Sea World. I have a lot of scrapbooking to do now. August 11th was my 23rd birthday, but I had to celebrate it without Michael. He got asked to go to girls camp, so he was gone Monday - Wednesday. I just spent the day with Makayla, and went out to dinner with my best friend the next day. Then when Michael got back we went to dinner. Then on August 14th, Michael and I celebrated out 4 year anniversary. I can't believe how fast the time has gone by. To celebrate we went out to dinner at Wood Ranch (they have the best bbq tri tip ever!!) Then we decided to get pedicures...lol funny I know. I needed one, and he had never had one so we went together and had a nice, relaxing spa pedicure. Overall, we had a nice night together, just the two of us. Moving on, after teaching summer school Michael had 3 weeks off, but he is already back preparing his classroom, because school starts next week. This summer went by so fast! Makayla is now almost 19 months old and she actually started potty training. She's the one who told me one day "mama-poo poo" so then I rushed her to the bathroom, put her on the toilet and she went. Now she tells me every time she has to go. We are so proud of her! She also started going to nursery at the beginning of August. She does pretty good, but because it's around nap time (church is from 11-2pm) she tends to get tired and wants her mommy. She is growing so fast and learns new words everyday. Her newest ones are: ring, pillow, I want mama... It is so fun to watch her learn and grow. Oh yeah, I almost forgot...Michael received a new calling this month. He is now the 2nd counselor in the Colima Ward Bishopric. Crazy huh? I guess you're never too young. We were both very surprised, but excited. He's doing a great job so far, and he really enjoys it. Also, Michael finally got his cast off at the beginning of the month, and didn't end up needing surgery after all. What a blessing! As for me, things are pretty much the same. I have been enjoying my summer and actually got hooked on reading. Everyone has been talking about the Twilight series and I was curious to see what it was about. I usually don't get hooked, but this series is really good! I read the first two books in less than a week. That is definitely not something I usually do. My mom and sister are also reading the series, so we have fun talking about it together. Well, I think that's about it. Hope everyone has enjoyed their summer.

No comments: