Monday, July 27, 2009

Recent events

As of July 22, Makayla is officially potty trained! Woo hoo!! She has been going poop in the toilet since she was 18 months, but is now going pee in the toilet as well. At first we tried the pull ups, but she still went pee in them so I decided to just put her in underwear to see what happened. We also bribed her with "potty treats" - smarties. Every time she went pee in the toilet she got a few of them. She had a few accidents at first, but within a few days she was staying dry, even after naps and sleeping all night. We are so proud of her! One day she said "I went pee pee and poo poo in the toilet, I can't believe it! I'm so proud of myself" Too cute! This past weekend I took her to the store to pick out new big girl underwear. She was so excited.
Then today Makayla and I went to a pool party at the Jackman's house. Daddy was nice enough to watch Landon so we could have some time together) It was a lot of fun. There were a bunch of kids there. She loved the water this time. Last summer she would get in but only if someone was holding her. Today she wanted to float with a noodle all by herself. (Sorry no pictures of that because I was right beside her just in case) She also enjoyed sitting in a floaty and just relaxing. Overall, we had a great day together! Here are some pictures of these recent events...










1 comment:

Amy said...

How exciting! Yay for not having to have two in diapers anymore!