Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wow...I have some catching up to do

A lot has happened since I last posted...

April 12 Landon moved up to a big boy car seat and he loves it!

April 19 was Landon's 1st birthday. I can't believe it! It went by so fast! We celebrated his birthday on April 17, with an All Star Sports theme. We had pulled pork over rice, salad, vegies, bread and cake for dessert. He got a lot of new toys and clothes which was great. His favorite toy of the night was a toy broom. He loves it! So funny. He did great with his cake too. He tried to pick up the whole thing and eat it, lol.

May 15 We took the kids to the Fullerton Arboretum. They loved it! They were so interested in the plants and animals all around them. It was a nice, relaxing afternoon.

June 5 Makayla had her first dance recital. She did amazing, and loved every minute of it! We are so proud of her! She looked adorable in her costumes!

June 7 We went bowling for family night. It was the first time for both kids. So fun!

June 15 We took the kids to the Downey Firestation where my Uncle Jay works as the Captain. We got an awesome tour and the kids had a blast climbing in an on the truck.

June 18 Took the kids to the doctor and found out that Makayla's cold had turned into a mild bronchitis and that Landon had another ear infection. My poor babies!!

July 4 We didn't do much this year since it was on a Sunday, but we went to visit our old ward for Ansley's baby blessing. (Justin and Amber Jackman's little girl). Then we went over to the Jackman's for a BBQ and just hung out. Then we went to my parent's house for another BBQ. Overall, it was a great day. Makayla had fun doing the poppers.

July 9 I took the kids to Pretend City in Irvine. This place is awesome! The kids loved it! It is a little city for kids with a grocery store, doctor's office, firestation etc.

July 15 We took the kids swimming with some friends from church. It was Landon's first time and he loved it! He wasn't scared at all! We all had a lot of fun!

July 19 We took the kids to Disneyland. This was Landon's first time and he loved it. Thanks to Marsha we were able to get hooked up with park hopper tickets, so we also took them to California Adventure which was a lot of fun. We also stayed to see the World of Color water and light show which was awesome. It was a long day, but so fun!

August 9 My younger brother, Justin came home from serving a full time mission for the past two years in Mexico City, Mexico. We were so excited that he came home. We all went to the airport to pick him up, and of course I cried when I saw him :0) Justin got to meet Landon for the first time, which was really neat. It's great to have him home, and we will miss him when he goes back to BYU next week, but he will visit often.

August 11 Was my 25th birthday! We didn't do much during the day because I was babysitting, but that night my mom watched the kids so Michael and I could eat dinner and so I could shop.. It was nice to have time to shop and try things on for myself. I ended up finding 6 new tops that I really like. We celebrated my birthday on August 8 and I got money, a skirt, makeup, chocolate and a new camera from my honey!

August 14 Michael and I celebrated our 6 year wedding anniversary. I can't believe it has been that long! It has gone by so quickly. Michael was so sweet. He planned out the whole day for just the two of us. His mom watched the kids so we could have the day alone together. First we ate lunch at a Mexican place in downtown Brea. Then we shopped. Then we both got 1 1/2 hour massages, which were amazing!! Then we shopped some more and had a wonderful dinner at the Melting Pot. So good! We had a private table decorated with rose petals and candles. So romantic. Overall, it was a wonderful day. I love my husband so much and feel so blessed to be married to him for eternity!

The kids have been learning so much lately. Landon is saying new words all the time like "shh" and "bubbles" "pop" "door" "up, down" "bonk" "trash" "don't do that" "don't touch" etc. He is so smart! He sure keeps us busy. He is constantly getting into everything. Opening doors, playing in the toilets etc. He loves fans! We bought him a little one with foam blades and he loves it! He knows and will point to his nose, eyes, head, belly button, tounge, feet etc. He always tries to run away when it's time for a diaper change. He loves his baths. He loves the way it sounds when he talks while plugging his nose. He will give you loves and try to get something you have, like the remote or food lol. We are so proud of him and love him so much! Makayla is talking non stop! We asked her where we should go one day and she said "Walmart...Target" lol That's my girl! She's been learning how to rhyme and has made up some like "Joe/Moe" and "Fatch/Match". The other day Landon had a stinky diaper and she said "Landon, you smell funky" haha. She loves to play with play dough and clay. She loves to pretend she's a mommy and has babies, or pretend that she's a baby. She loves to play board games and does amazing at matching games. She really has a great memory. She has been working in her school workbooks and can write some letters on her own, like O, M, T, L, I, A, etc. She pretty much wrote her first name by herself last week. We were so proud of her!! The more we practice the better she will get! We have flashcards that she's been learning with to help her learn how to sound out and recognize sight words, and she is doing really well. I'm amazed at how much she's knows and understands at 3 1/2. She is supposed to start Preschool in January and she is so excited. We love her so much and are so proud of her. Well, that's about everything...Pictures to come soon!

3 comments:

Ligia said...

I am impressed that she can write already. Do you practice a lot? Orion can read quite a bit too but we've never tried writing. I'm just curious what your approach is.

strimmell said...

Thanks! We have school time at home (just her and I) a few times a week where we practice reading with sight word flash cards, do some pages in a workbook which include tracing and writing letters and numbers. For her name, I started out writing it with dots so she wrote over it connecting them. Then I helped her write each letter in her name many different times. Then I wrote her name and had her try to write it below, and now she can just write it without seeing it. It's awesome! Now we need to work on reading more!

Ligia said...

I'll have to try that. That sounds like it would make it easier. Like connect the dots or something. Thanx. Wish us luck.