Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Landon Michael Trimmell has arrived!!

Landon Michael Trimmell was born on Sunday April 19, 2009 at 12:37pm. He weighed 6lbs 9oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. Not a bad size considering the fact that he was 2 1/2 weeks early! We are so excited to have him here! Okay, so here's my labor story. Saturday morning I went shopping at the Citadel with Makayla and my Mother-in-law to get some more clothes for Landon. I was pretty uncomfortable the whole time, and didn't feel the same. On the way home from shopping I started having back pain and mild contractions, but we were hungry so we went to eat lunch at Carinos but had to leave shortly after ordering our food because my contractions were becoming more regular. (12pm) So we got home, and finished packing our bags, while my Father-in-law went to get Michael who was unpiring a baseball game nearby. I had a really short labor with Makayla so we figured he would come quickly as well. So, Nana Trimmell took Makayla while Michael and I left for the hospital. (My doctor was on vacation that week so I had no idea if I was dilated or not) We got to the hospital at about 2pm and they checked me and I was dilated to 3cm. A few hours later I was 5cm. And then I got stuck there. I had no change for hours...very frustrating! The nurse suggested starting me on Pitocin which sounded great, but the oncall doctor wanted to wait because my doctor would be there in the morning. So, we pretty much stayed all night with nothing going on. Then at 7:30am my nurse started me on Pitocin which got things going. 10:30am my water broke and my contractions got very intense! (I had him natural, no drugs at all) After 2 hours of hard labor and a few pushes Landon Michael Trimmell was born! So all in all, I was in and out of labor for 24 hours...but it was all worth it in the end! Here are some pictures of our new little guy! (Quick note: his smooshed nose and red marks will all go away)










6 comments:

Palmyra said...

Congratulations Shawna! We too were sure he would be a shorter labor since your first was so fast. Glad everyone is looking good. :)

Ligia said...

Good for you for being able to do it natural. I know it's tough but it can be such an emotional high that way. He's beautiful. I think he's got his Dad's facial structure. It's the cheek bones. Congrats to your little family. Have fun with them. They grow all too quickly.

Amy said...

What a story! I could hardly believe I had just talked to you a while a couples days before and now Landon is here already. The little fetus that says how many days until he is born is kind of funny to see next to Landon's baby pictures. I'm glad everything went well. Kudos to you for doing it au natural.

Michelle said...

Congratulations Trimmell family! He looks a lot like Michael....

Natalie Garces said...

He is so cute! congradulations!

King Klan said...

Yeah what i cute family. We will be down the end of may cant wait to see him